Whitetail Rock (Whitetail Rock, #1)

Whitetail Rock (Whitetail Rock, #1) - Anne Tenino 3+ stars. Pretty smokin' sexytimes with a dominant alpha cop as the top.

This one was a little bit of a removed read for me, though. I just couldn't get into Nik and his narrative voice, which was too full of histrionics and insecurities for my taste. He seemed too immature, honestly, and I didn't really see what would have made Jurgen fall in love with him. Also, vice versa, Jurgen was such a strong-and-silent presence that I didn't see what Nik fell in love with, either. Don't get me wrong - I really liked Jurgen's strong-and-silent persona and his show-it-with-actions caring. However, why did the caring/loving develop?

The only thing I can reasonably and convincingly believe in is that they fell in love solely over the sexytimes they shared, and honestly, I don't really care for a story to make no distinction between lust and love. That said, for what it was - hot sexytimes and pretty strong characterization (even if they weren't characters I necessarily bonded with) - it was quite good.