Collision Course - K.A. Mitchell 3.5 stars. I felt closer to a 3 than a 4, though, so that's why it gets a 3 rating for GR purposes.

I wanted to like this book more than I actually did. Objectively, the story was written well, and the sexytimes were HOT. The characters were fleshed out, but, on the other hand, I also didn't really connect with them. That lack of connection is why I rounded down, to be honest.

I was pleasantly surprised by how Aaron grew and revealed more of himself over the course of the book. His assholeness in the beginning really had me feeling wary about how the story would unfold. Fortunately, there's visible growth and affection that builds as the story progresses.

What actually ended up feeling odd to me, then, was Joey's feelings for Aaron. I understand that Joey thought Aaron was a fantastic lover, and Joey also felt that "insta-attraction" sort of fluttering in his heart. However, after Aaron was such an asshole, I kind of hoped Joey would have more self-respect than to let Aaron walk all over him like that. Joey does stand up for himself at one point, but he set such a low standard (something along the lines of "don't be an asshole after you fuck me") that I still didn't think he was getting much out of their pairings.

The sexytimes scenes were numerous and smoking hot. They actually helped to reveal more of the characters over the course of the story, which, to me, is an indicator of an erotic romance done well.

Overall, this was a well-crafted book, but I always felt a little bit removed from the story and the characters.