This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars #5) - Susan Elizabeth Phillips I tried to like this book, but I really just didn't.

I was waffling between giving this book a 1 or a 2 because it's not like I absolutely hated it like some of the other 1-star books I've read. However, I didn't like it, so I don't think it really merits that 2-star "it was okay" sort of generosity.

No matter how charming, self-sacrificing, and noble the hero Kevin was, I just couldn't like or enjoy reading about the immature, periodically TSTL, and impulsively reckless heroine Molly. She was self-destructive, and I couldn't understand her or sympathize with her at all.

The first 15-20% of the book had me bellowing "WTF!!!????" Don't even get me started on what she did to Kevin. W. T. F. Seriously. WTF. And then she gets whiny and ho-hum because Kevin is pissed at her. UH, DUH. Of course Kevin's pissed at you. YOU CLIMBED INTO BED WITH HIM AND COERCED HIM INTO HAVING SEX WITH YOU, YOU RAPIST! After that and the consequences that followed, Kevin didn't just get the short end of the stick with Molly's whininess and her family's censure; he got a big ol' bloody splinter for all of his efforts to do the right thing and be a good guy.

Once the crazy WTFery was established, I kept reading in the hopes that Molly would redeem herself in some way or at least show some maturity or growth by the end of the book. I read on in vain. Every antic that she cooked up had me raising my brows and cringing in a "WTF" way. Over and over again. I really thought she was ready for the loony bin for, oh, 80% of the book (20% of the book is, after all, the secondary plot).

So yeah...welcome to Crazytown, folks. I suggest you turn around, put the pedal to the metal, and get the hell out of here while you still can.