The Care and Taming of a Rogue -  Suzanne Enoch I really liked this book and was wavering between giving it 4 or 5 stars. I ultimately went with 4 because some of the plot points dragged in the middle.

***Possible spoilers in this paragraph***I also gave it a 4 and not a 5 because I thought they jumped into intercourse pretty quickly. Personally, I like a little more foreplay or, in the words of our heroine (taken out of context), "steps" between passionate kisses at a ball and doing the deed. Maybe this is partly characterization (in that Bennett is not one to beat around the bush, instead preferring to meet challenges, and his desires, straight on).***end spoilers***

Nonetheless, this was a great read with my favorite theme - a hero who knows what (or, in this case, who) he wants and determinedly pursues her. Some of the tension emerges because Bennett has been out of "civilized" society for so long that he doesn't know how to go about pursuing Phillipa in a way that doesn't shock said society. He's blunt, brash, but always with good intentions. Oh, and he has a pet monkey named Kero.

Bennett's quite ready to kick ass and take names whenever Phillipa is in danger and in defense of his (unjustly) sullied professional reputation. When Phillipa tells him there are "rules" to follow for societal behavior and courtship (even as she is already intrigued and drawn in by this tall, handsome adventurer), Bennett does his best to follow whatever these "rules" are in an effort to please her and with his ultimate goal of having Phillipa for himself...with some hilarious results.

Don't get me wrong - Phillipa is far from a stuffy society miss who is obsessed with rules. She's actually quite practical and bookish, which means she is totally flummoxed that this famous and charismatic man would want to pursue her.

***Possible spoilers in this paragraph***She also has an independent streak. I was cheering when she took it upon herself to rescue herself at the book's big climax.***end spoilers***

A lighthearted and fluffy wallpaper read, this book left me feeling satisfied and a little intrigued by the Adventurer's Club's other members, particularly the Duke of Sommerset.