The Bargain Bride (Signet Eclipse) - Barbara Metzger I'm a HUGE Barbara Metzger fan, and I truly do enjoy the silly romps that she writes. That said, this book is not up to her usual standards. I am about 2/3 of the way through, and it's a struggle to finish. The hero and heroine don't seem to have much in common other than a physical attraction. The hero's reasons for marrying the poor bargain bride are not very compelling, but the two do indeed get married (which is not suggested in the description on the back of the book). A good portion of the book is spent married, and it looks like they reach an accord of sorts only after they consummate the marriage. Before that, the heroine's obstinacy in the face of the hero's efforts to make up for his previous neglect is frustrating. I understand her being upset with him, but she is just plain irrational and irritating in many of her demands.

I'm hesitant now to pick up any new Metzger books. I'll probably just start reading her back catalog instead.